Information and Resources
Don't forget to call in your absent students
It is your responsibility to notify the school when your student is absent. It's easy! Just call the attendance office at 260-2014 or 255-8691 before 9:30 on the day of the absence. After 2 days the absence automatically becomes unexcused.
If you know in advance that your child is going to be absent, have them ask their teacher for homework. If their absence is extended, more than 3 days, you may request homework from the office. Teachers typically make homework available after 24 hours.
Parent involvement is encouraged and expected at Jefferson. Ways to get involved include, but are not limited to the following:
- Check your student's agendas daily for assignments, projects, due dates and notes from teachers.
- Read the monthly newsletter that is mailed to the address that is provided to the school. It contains valuable information; your input and reactions are encouraged. You can also access the most recent version from the JMS main page.
- Call the school if you have questions and/or concerns about your child's work or issues that involve your child.
- Attend parent workshops that are held throughout the year, even it just to hear from other parents about the issues important to middle school students.
- Sign up to be involved in one or more of the activities that require parent input, involvement and time.
Earn & Learn for Jefferson
Jefferson is enrolled in Smith's Earn and Learn. Use your Fresh Values card and we receive dividends for our school.
To enroll, go to the Smith's website and enter your Smith's rewards card information. After you have registered and logged in, you will be able to designate JMS as an Earn and Learn recipient.
Our school number is 83460.